Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Welcome to Growling Productions!

We are going to spend this semester in a work environment.  Growling Productions is a new media business.  I am your boss, Mr. Larsen, and you are a new employee.

I am willing to train you because I recognize that I benefit from your increased skills and I also care about your success as my employee.  Make sure and ask questions if you have them.  However, you shouldn't expect me to be your only resource.  Create friendships.  Look for answers online and from those around you.  Remember, your skills are valuable.  Don't give them away to your coworkers lightly. 

There's a lot of details to work through so let's get started with Basic Training.

Basic Training

Agreement

Your contract says that you will work in class for the duration of one semester and in return for completing all work I will give you a grade that honestly and fairly reflects your work in class and the benefits you bring to the company.  

Your contract says that your grade will be calculated using the United States monetary system of capital exchange.  That means that I have money and I am willing to give it to you for your services. The gradebook will reflect your training, completed projects, and mastery of the material.  To demonstrate mastery you'll need to work, literally.  Before your semester grade is posted you will have the chance to review it and discuss it with me on a number of occasions during your performance evaluations.   

Your contract says I own the things you create and you receive money that you may choose to spend as you see fit. 

Your contract says you may take one bathroom break a day if needed.  Emergencies or special conditions may apply.  

Details
  1. As a new employee you'll be paid the minimum wage of $10.00 per hour.  To keep things simple we will assume that each day in class is an 8 hour day.   
     
  2. You will have 4 paid sick/personal days for the semester.  These days may be used as you see fit.  Any days used in addition to the given sick/personal days will not be paid.   
  3. Your seat in class is prime real estate.  You will rent the space.  Rent may fluctuate so make sure you are keeping a positive balance in your account and save for emergencies.  
  4. Renting a seat in class comes with the following perks
    1. My training
    2. Access to the programs that will allow you to earn money in the most efficient way.
  5. There are a variety of ways to earn money.  You will be paid an hourly rate but you may earn an unlimited amount of money by completing projects.  The value of those projects will vary and will be agreed upon by you and Mr. Larsen.  All work must be cleared through Mr. Larsen if you want to be paid for it. 
     

Incentives
Promotions:  I want to be clear that this is a work environment.  I have the ability to reward workers that I value because they are dependable and are highly skilled. "Promotions" may include added responsibility, additional money, etc.  I won't give any salaries.  

I also have the right to "fire" workers that waste the company time or resources. "Firing" an employee consists of loss of privileges.  Examples include loss of phone privileges, being removed from your computer for the day.  Hopefully, these instances are rare.

Things you can buy
Listen to your phone.
Eating in class
Breaks







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete